What is ParentsNext?
ParentsNext is a free specialised support service that helps parents with children under six to plan and prepare for their future employment. ParentsNext is funded by the Federal Department of Employment to assist parents preparing to enter the workforce.
You are eligible for assistance if:
- your youngest child is between six months and six years of age
- you have not worked for at least six months, and
- you live in one of the ParentsNext areas
- you are on Centrelink parenting payments
You are also eligible for assistance if you are NOT on parenting payment but satisfy the other eligibility criteria.
Parents who are required to participate in ParentsNext as a condition of receiving Parenting Payment will be contacted by the Department of Human Services.
ParentsNext Project providers can also assist parents who wish to participate on a voluntary basis. If you wish to participate in ParentsNext and meet the eligibility requirements outlined above, talk to your local ParentsNext Project provider.
Free 1 on 1 support.
Want to get work-ready? Your ParentsNext provider can help with:
- Setting goals
- Interview practice
- Finding the right refresher course or qualifications
- Résumé and letter writing
- Advice on childcare subsidies